Our main goal is to use the body to reach and learn to master the mind. Through our physical and mental training program, MKMA helps our students become more resilient, confident, patient and strong.
Martial Arts and philosophy have always gone hand in hand. One of the most priceless gifts of martial arts training is to get to know yourself internally and externally. Students of martial arts are taught about respect, discipline, hard work, sacrifice and humility. In addition, they are taught they should walk away from trouble, lose the ego and fight only as a last resort. Martial arts philosophy is based on ethical, moral and spiritual principles allowing people to live in harmony with themselves and the world around. It has to do with the development of the martial arts spirit, which carries over into all aspects of a student’s life. Our Student Pledge reminds students of the importance of these traits as part of the building blocks of a martial artist.
At MKMA, we strive to develop the character, personality, and positive moral and ethical traits in each student. Child students recite our Ten Articles of Mental Training to assist with and reinforce the development. It is upon this “foundation” of individuals possessing positive attitudes and characteristics that the “end goal” may be achieved. Our main goal is to use the body to reach and learn to master the mind. Through our physical and mental training program, MKMA helps our students become more resilient, confident, patient and strong.
Still wondering if Taekwondo or Hapkido is the right choice for you? Do not regret not trying to see which martial art is for you. Come in and try out a free class. It does not have to be today. You can start at any time, and any age because self-improvement and learning continues until our life ends.
Want to get to know us better? Visit our instructors page for more information. Thank you for your interest in Master Kim’s Martial Arts School.
About MKMA Instructors
– Attained a 6th Dan Certificate for Taekwondo from the President of the Korea Taekwondo association and the President of Kukkiwon, the World Taekwondo Headquarters. Attained a 5th DanCertificate for Hapkido from The Korea Hapkido Total Federation. Attained a Certificate of Qualification as a Taekwondo Master from Kukkiwon, the World Tae Kwon Do Headquarters. Awarded a Certificate of Coach License from the Minister of Cultural Affairs. Awarded a Certificate of Teachers License from the President of KYUNG-SAN University (Majored in Taekwondo, KYUNG-SAN University).
Attained a Black Belt 2nd Dan Certificate for Hapkido under Master Kim, from the Korea Hapkido Total Federation. Instructor Antonio’s background in martial arts consists of SAMBO (Samozashchita Bez Oruzhiya, which literally translates as “self-defense without weapons”) and Karate.
- To teach the highest quality martial arts
- To empower our students with valuable skills for daily life
- To contribute to a safe and peaceful community
- We are committed to creating and maintaining an atmosphere of positive energy and respect in our dojang.
Our Vision is to provide Miami and the surrounding area with top of the line martial arts training focusing on Taekwondo and Hapkido with great service, with instructors who are constantly working on being better martial artists and instructors.